The Enterovirus D68 has been diagnosed in Florida. Here is a list of things that you can do to help keep your family safe:
1. Start all maintance respiratory medications-this includes inhaled steriods even if they are normally only used seasonally.
2. Keep children out of daycare for at least 48 hours after the onset of upper respiratory infections/ cold symptoms.
3. Frequent hand washing and non-alcohol surface disinfectants are recommended since alcohol-based hand sanitizers and disinfectants have not been found to be effective against EV-D68. Cover your coughs and sneezes!!!!
4. Get all recommended vaccines for your child especially this season's influenza vaccine.
Unfortunately, supplies are still extremely limited but we hope this will improve by the end of October.
5. We recommend following the website http://www.cdc.gov/non-polio-enterovirus/outbreaks/EV-D68-outbreaks.html for future information.